Thursday, October 14, 2010

Time flies when little ones are involved

In eight days, my little baby boy will be one year old.  A year old!  It seems like it's only been a few months, weeks even, since I went to the hospital.  I have a few patterns in the works to make for him, and a blanket on the needles for his birthday.

In the works pattern wise, is a little "big boy" sock pattern, and a sweater pattern as well.  I've spent so many hours on Ravelry and other internet sites trying to find what I want, and it doesn't seem to exist.  So even though I'm not super experienced, I'm going to try my hand at designing.  I hope it works out, it seems to make sense in my head!  So it should work right?  I can only hope!

On the needles is a log cabin blanket which will be just his size.  We are moving to New York very soon, and when we do his new "big boy" room will be done in Mickey Mouse.  So, his new log cabin blanket is black, red, light grey, and dark grey.  When the knitting is done, I'm going to put a Mickey print fabric on the back, and of course a "hand knitted by mama" tag as well.  Pictures to come later, promise!

I've also been working on some sweaters I got from Goodwill the other day.  One red Jcrew sweater, 100% wool, and one white Petite Sophisticate cotton sweater.  The cotton sweater is all balled into center pull balls, and seems like nice yarn.  Soft too!  The red sweater is half skeined, but it's not soft, and I'm not sure what'll happen when I try to knit with it.  My plan is to try to knit a sweater with it.  I might end up having to line it with something soft,  It's that scratchy.  We'll see what happens I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment